https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/209743661-a-prize-for-ckzarr
Book Blurb:
What’s worse than falling in love with my sexy, musclebound alien boss? Falling in love with my alien boss when I know I’m not his mate. That’s why I keep my emotional distance, even though we work side by side every day.
Ckzarr has the body of a god and is a beast in the bedroom. How do I know? Because we’ve already failed compatibility testing. Multiple times. I’m not his mate. End of story.
Too bad my body remembers his every touch, and when he tells me “Good job,” all I hear is “Good girl.”
But when we’re captured by pirates and forced to spend every moment together as we escape and stay one step ahead of those who seek his bounty, Ckzarr’s protectiveness and possessiveness are dialed up to the max. How will I ever make it out alive without losing my heart?
Tropes:
*Darkstar audio ALC *Alien Romance *work place romance *Boss MMC
*Alien MMC x Human FMC *Sci fi *space travel *forced proximity *she rescues him
*he rescues her *Protective MMC *situationship --> more
*fated mates will they/won't they vibes
Thoughts:
I received this from Dark Star Romance as an ALC and I was so happy having received the previous books ALC and wanting to continue the series. This has a single narrator Troy Duran but he does an amazing job with all of the characters!
This is book 9 in the series but is a true stand alone you don't need to read any of the previous books to pick up what's happening and right away know that Ckzarr and Roxy have a history together.
Ckzarr is protective of Roxy and had wanted to spend more time with her to see if this would allow for the fated mates bond to begin he has known for awhile now that it should be her and he just doesn't understand why the bond hasn't triggered yet.
Roxy began to have some feelings towards Ckzarr which she worries could've led straight to the L word... but she took a step back from what they had going on together so she wouldn't fall any further for her hot boss... it could only cause potential heartbreak down the line if/when he formed a mate bond with someone else. Lately she's been thinking that she needs to find a different job the close proximity of working so close with him while in space just isn't an option for her much longer and she would like to find love like some of her friends have found.
Before Roxy can get too far into her hunt for another job she goes on a off ship mission with the team (including Ckzarr) and due to a series of unfortunate events they find themselves close together in an escape pod having landed on an unknown to them planet with not only space pirates after the bounty they can get for turning over Ckzarr but truly dangerous creatures that prowl the area day and night... now there are bigger issues than the possibility of heartbreak.
Maybe this situation might be just the trick to get that fated mate bond to start... nothing brings you closer together than running from the enemy and surviving several scary creatures with big teeth.
This was fast paced, action packed, and had the perfect amount of plot to spice ratio even though this was a shorter book nothing felt too fast or forced because it was already established that they had a complicated history.
I really enjoyed this and I can't wait to read (or listen) to more of this series!
Have you read this one? what did you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment