Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Alexandra St. Pierre: Neurovance

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/245305487-neurovance

Book Blurb:

FORGETTING, PERFECTED.

Are you tired of being haunted by memories that hurt you?


Drained from every heartbreak?

Sick of wallowing in every failure?

Exhausted from replaying every word you wish you could take back?

Now, you don’t have to!

the NeuroExtractor

Precision-engineered by Neurovance – the NeuroExtractorcan redefine your mind.

Erase the moments that weigh you down.


Keep the ones that make you whole.

Seamless.

Painless.

Permanent .


A cleaner mind for a brighter life.

Neurovance .

Remember only what matters.

**The NeuroExtractor™ is a registered innovation of Neurovance Laboratories.
 Some memories may be incompatible with deletion. Side effects include relief, renewal, and clarity. **

Tropes:

*12 recs by 12 friends book #3  *Dark Romance *M/M Romance *Techno romance 

*Science Fiction *Dystopia *Friends to More *near future *light stalking *almost 600 pages

*1 virgin MMC *hot rich MMC *insta lust/love *Spice *State Challenge California (Repeat)

*action *danger *hidden identity *betrayal 

*check your trigger warnings lots of them included in this read

Thoughts:

This book really makes you think about if the the technology existed to erase or change memories what would happen if someone who wanted to use it for nefarious purposes could really wreak havoc on whomever they tried to use it on.

I had this book on my TBR but moved it up my list when I asked 12 friends for a book recommendation.  This was #3 for selection and I really enjoyed this one.

The book is in 3 segments and follows the lives of 3 different people:

Segment 1: starts current day it is fast paced and the end of this section leaves with a big cliff hanger like I got to find out what's going on next.

Segment 2: is in the past and we find out more about our characters and what led to the situation that happened in the first segment... when it comes together it's like... ok I get it now.

Segment 3: back to Current day and follows our leads as they make a plan for their own future... but will they ever be safe? 

Jay and Sebastian are childhood friends and sons of the co-owners of Neurovance a tech company that is working towards innovative technology dealing with memory manipulation/erasing memories.  Jay's father has unfortunately passed away, but Sebastian's father is very much alive... and he's like one of those evil super villains who has a lair in a volcano.

Milo is a clumsy guy, often called nerdy in the past and has been bullied while in school but has made quite an impression even before walking onto company property on our other MMC (not going to go too much into this as I don't want to give too much away).  After a whirlwind relationship they are all in but outside forces intervene with plans of their own.  

Luke the leader of the company is very demanding and cruel power has gone to his head and he wants more, more of everything and he doesn't care who he crushes to get there... he also has enough money to pay for his problems to just go away and if someone gets hurt in the process so be it, he wants to sell the memory removal technology to the military who wants to use it to supposedly "help" soldiers... but we all know that isn't the end goal.

There were many twists in this book, drama, and love shown in many different forms.

 I might have teared up a bit towards the end it was giving all the emotions.

Negatives for this book:

-This book was very insta lust/love which I'm not usually a fan of, our M/M couple did have a bit of time to get to know each other (like a week) but went into a hot and heavy relationship very shortly after it was almost like our one lead was in love with the other one already based on his essay  which leads me to my next issue with this book.

-Milo is made out to be such a sweet, wholesome, young man... that he feels way way younger which led to me feeling uncomfortable reading the spicy times (this could just be a me thing) he was supposed to be in his early 20's but read as way younger, he was frequently saying things like "wowzers" and "Jeebus" (etc...) says "tummy" and makes "grabby hands" motions like a young child would and it didn't help that our other guy kept calling him his "sweet boy." 

-Back to the insta lust/love situation I just struggled with this since I really felt they didn't know each other well enough for this level of feelings so quickly the relationship just felt underdeveloped to me. 

-While over all I enjoyed this book I felt the middle section slowed way down for pacing with them playing video games together and eating breakfast... I'm glad that ya'll are having fun guys but I just think some of these sections could have been edited down so the book wasn't almost 600 pages.

-The application essay Milo wrote that had people in tears, while it was a sweet read it wasn't something that I would have thought would catch so much attention, people were talking about it like it was the Gettysburg Address

-Why are people always having spicy times during a crisis, I guess this is just my anxiety kicking in but if people are coming soon to attack you and it's truly an unknown estimate of time... you don't have time for that!  get yourselves ready!!  

Have you read this book?  what did you think?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Alexandra St. Pierre: Neurovance

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/245305487-neurovance Book Blurb: FORGETTING, PERFECTED. Are you tired of being haunted by memories tha...