Thursday, August 6, 2026

Kimberly Lemming: That Time I got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion At A Werewolf

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60865821-that-time-i-got-drunk-and-yeeted-a-love-potion-at-a-werewolf

Book Blurb:

Anyone else ever thrown a drink at someone's head, only to miss entirely and hit a stranger behind them? Then have that stranger fall madly in love with you because it turned out that drink you threw was a love potion? No, just me? Well damn.

Dealing with a pirate ship full of demons that just moved into town was hard enough. Now on top of it, I have to convince a werewolf that I'm not his fated mate, he's just drugged. Easier said than done.

Though I have to say, having a gorgeous man show up and do all of your chores while telling you you're beautiful isn't the worst thing to happen to a girl.

Tropes:

*Fantasy *Romantasy *Werewolf MMC *Paranormal *Dual POV *Spice
*Golden Retriever MMC *Protective MMC *Insta Love *Shifter MMC *Rom-Com
*Fated Mates  *Banter  *knotting *tenticle play (check the triggers) *possessive MMC
*multiple different creatures in this world 
*Check your trigger warnings

Thoughts:

I saw this series awhile ago and I know this is the second one in the series (I haven't read the first one yet) but I didn't have a hard time figuring out what was going on.  

Brie (FMC) out at the local bar ends up being harassed by a guy who isn't taking no for an answer... trying to force a drink on her she finally just lets him have it throwing the drink back only for it to hit a stranger Felix (MMC) next thing you know he is all about Brie... seriously he says they are fated mates what!?? How hard was this guy hit?  

Turns out this drink was a love potion oops!  Now Felix is at Brie's place taking care of her and helping with chores, he is so charming she can't help but fall for him but are the feelings he's feeling real?  or just part of the love potion spell?  What happens when it wears off will he just leave her like most people do?

Brie loves cheese and makes it on her farm... Our Guy Felix is lactose intolerant!  

While Brie, with the help of some friends, tries to help figure out how to end the spell she comes to the conclusion that maybe the only way to help the new man in her life is to get so much closer.  This gets spicy, it is a shorter book and definately an insta love but it works for the story since there is a "love potion" involved. 

When women from the village begin to disappear Felix, Brie and their friends come together to try to figure out who is behind it... but will they be able to figure out what's going on before more women disappear?  

Was this a super detailed romantasy with epic world building and character back stories --> no

Was it ridiculous at times --> yes 

This book gave me exactly what I wanted from it I wasn't expecting anything too serious I was looking for a light, fluffy and fun read and that's what this was.  

Negatives for some people:

--> there was not much world building
--> The spice is too spicy/too much of the book
--> Humor was not where it's at
--> not much plot
--> the plot that was there was ridiculous
--> not enough chemistry between the leads
--> Ridiculous 

Have you read this one?  what did you think?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Roxie Noir: The Three Night Stand

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/197819154-the-three-night-stand book blurb: She's the one night stand I never forgot. And now her ...