Monday, August 17, 2026

Janice Whiteaker: Unleashed

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/241383703-unleashed

Book Blurb:

Trevor Bradshaw is the most annoying man I’ve ever met.
He’s arrogant, demanding, and unyielding. Has serious control issues, no sense of humor, and zero patience.
He also accidentally rocked my world in my best friend’s bathroom.
During her wedding reception.
It’s a mistake I won’t be making again. I have more important things to focus on than what he hides beneath a bespoke suit and a frown.
Things like caring for my sister. I’m all she has, and I won’t let anything, or anyone, distract me from giving her the best childhood I can.
One that’s as different from mine as I can make it.
But Trevor doesn’t seem to like knowing I’m on my own. It bothers him in a way I don’t expect.
No one has ever cared about me or my struggles, so when he starts doing things that are a little… questionable, I don’t mind it as much as I should.
Apparently stalking is my love language.
But it’s the way he treats my sister that makes it impossible to stand my ground. The two of them are thick as thieves from day one. BFFs, complete with matching bracelets and inside jokes.
Now he’s sleeping on my couch and cooking in my kitchen. Mowing my grass and helping with laundry. Invading my home, my life…
And my bed.
Which might not be such a bad thing since someone else is lurking in the shadows.
Someone who will do anything to get what they want.

Tropes:

*Hambright PR ARC/ALC  *Small Town Romance *Grumpy/Grumpier  *workplace romance

*boss MMC *Hot rich MMC *accidental hook up *adversaries to more  

*single parent Situation FMC *Work-a-holic MMC *family drama *danger 

*surveillance by MMC 

Thoughts:

From the end of the last book I knew this book would start out with a bang... seriously Trevor and Maren have been having tension for ages and it finally snapped... at his brother's wedding in his brother's bathroom... oh and they were caught by a different brother's girlfriend (who is also our MMC's assistant)... things are gonna get weird at work... or maybe not.

Maren can do this she needs to keep her job she can't believe that this happened and with Trevor of all people he's broody/grumpier than her and obnoxious and she can't deal with him right now she has a lot going on ever since her mom left her with her baby sister.  Maren's mom has always been flakey but due to her long time history of poor life choices Maren ended up being a mom way earlier than she would have wanted, times have been tough but she now is finally in a stable well paid job with health insurance and it's just what she needs to afford to take care of her sister who has special needs... she's not going to let anyone get in the way of that, even hot AF Trevor.

Trevor has one love... his job, he has no room in his life for anyone else and that's why minus a few hook ups here and there he has stayed single it's better that way for everyone especially since he knows that he can't give them what they want, more of his time... so why can he not stop thinking about Maren and now that they have hooked up it's almost become an obsession he needs to make sure she's ok.

Trevor knowing that Maren would never let him take care of her slowly begins to get closer to her and becomes protective to the point of setting up cameras outside her home... he needs to make sure that she's safe and apparently he didn't know much about her like the fact that she has a daughter, what else does he not know about her? 

Maren is sassy and saucy and doesn't let anyone walk over her including Trevor, at first against Trevor being so protective he begins to slip under her skin and it's so sweet to see these two grumps fall for each other... but truth is this was inevitable it just took them longer to see it than anyone else.

When an unknown threat emerges Trevor comes to the rescue and Maren for once is happy to have someone to lean on she's been on her own for so long that she still isn't sure that she can trust someone to be there for her and her sister long term, still protective of her heart she knows that getting closer to Trevor won't just put her own heart in danger but her sister's as well.

I enjoyed being back in this world I've only read Tucker's story prior to this but just knew that Maren and Trevor would come together and it would be amazing in their own book and this didn't disappoint.  I loved how dedicated Maren was to her sister and making sure she had everything that she never got as a child you can see how dealing with her mother growing up and being taken advantage of by her led to her being a spitfire.  Then there is gruff, works all the time Trevor who has no time for love... until he does and it's everything he needs.  

I had the opportunity to listen to this ALC copy from Hambright PR and I thank them and the author for this early copy!  The Narrators Samantha Brentmore and Connor Crais were amazing and really brought out the emotions in each character.

This story still leaves us with questions related to some things that happened in this book plus the previous books and I'm hoping that we'll get the answers in the next book!  

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series and plan to go back and read the first 2 books in the series as well so I can get the beginning of the first few brother's relationships. 

Have you read this one?  what did you think?  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Janice Whiteaker: Unleashed

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/241383703-unleashed Book Blurb: Trevor Bradshaw is the most annoying man I’ve ever met. He’s arrogant,...