https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60772242-stranded-ranch
Book Blurb:
Her past came back to surprise her. But her past is now a flirty hot cowboy so...
I wasn't sure why I gave up a week in the Bahamas with friends to visit my grandparent's home in Wyoming.
In January.
But one phone call to the ranch to check-in was all it took.
It didn't matter that the worst storm to hit Wyoming in years was upon us. I needed to be there. I just didn't know why.
But a road closure and a surprise knock on the door brought back sweet memories from my past. And perhaps a handsome cowboy for my future.
And I can't help but think that the unexpected is often the best surprise of all.
Tropes:
*Netgalley ALC *Cowboy romance *Forced proximity *Winter Storm *just kisses
*banter *State Challenge Wyoming (repeat) *insta lust/love *novella *hallmark vibes
Thoughts:
Lucy (FMC) gives up a vacation with her friends to the Bahamas to visit her grandparents in Wyoming when an unexpected winter storm comes through a blast from her past comes right in with it... her friend from childhood Dusty (MMC).
Dusty is no longer the awkward teen that her sister had a crush on (and maybe she did too) he's all man and it's lucky she has him around to help out since her grandfather has caught a cold and needs his rest.
Lucy is a school teacher but lives out of state and Dusty works on his families ranch nearby to her grandparents ranch in Wyoming.
Both characters are in their mid 20's but the story line comes off as a bit younger with Dusty continuing to bring up a kiss from their teenage years.
Lucy struggles with anxiety and has had dating issues in the past but she does come out of her shell and feels a spark with Dusty, but with her life in a whole different state could they make it work if they decided to take things further? Or is this destined to be a winter storm fling.
I enjoyed Lucy's grandparents as well they were adorable and supportive of Lucy and saw the possible relationship blooming between these two... even when they didn't want to admit it to themselves.
I enjoyed this for what it was this is a cute quick listen/read and because of that everything happens quicker as well, because of the shorter nature of the story there isn't all that much to the plot but if you are looking for a cute, cozy, snowed in cowboy romance you might enjoy picking this one up.
Have you read this one? What did you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment