https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/244868798-falling-for-mr-october
Book Blurb:
He’s the internet’s favorite Shirtless Chef.
I’m the only woman in town who's not impressed.
Bianca
My grandmother invited her former best friend to move in for the month of October and help run our annual pumpkin patch.
To our surprise, she brings her grandson Giovanni—a thirty-something Italian playboy who calls me Doctor Death because I’m a former hospice nurse. (At least he gave me a promotion?)
The whole situation is suspicious. What grown man willingly goes on a month-long walkabout with his grandmother? He and my brother used to be close, but that was years ago.
Then we find out Giovanni isn't just visiting Apple Ridge.
He’s hiding.
Apparently, he’s the anonymous YouTube sensation known as The Shirtless Chef. He was recently unmasked in his hometown and left to escape the chaos.
Unfortunately for him, a reporter tracks him down after a national magazine names him their official Mr. October.
Now tourists are swarming. Women are throwing themselves at him. My grandmother wants him to stay forever.
And Giovanni—who once thrived on attention—suddenly hates it.
He begs me to pretend we’re dating, and against my better judgment I agree. On one he has to help with my seniors’ group.
I tell myself, and my concerned siblings, that it's a harmless agreement.
Except fake dating a secret internet heartthrob in the middle of pumpkin season turns out to be…complicated.
Because I’m starting to see the man behind the brand, and I’m not sure I want to give him back.
Giovanni
Apple Ridge was supposed to be safe and anonymous.
Instead, I’ve been exposed, crowned Mr. October, and chased by every woman within fifty miles.
Once, that would have been my dream. Now it’s my nightmare.
The only person not impressed with my fame?
Bianca.
Which is exactly why I need her.
Except the longer I pretend she’s mine…the less I’m pretending.
Tropes:
*Hambright PR ARC *Small Town Romance *Brother's best friend *Frienemies to more
*fake dating *Fall fling *Rom-Com *Cozy read *Nurse FMC *Social media star MMC
*hallmark vibes *meddling grandmothers (nonnas) *State Challenge North Carolina (repeat)
*Green Flag MMC *Banter
Thoughts:
This was my first book by this author and it won't be my last, this was a fun feel good cozy, small town fall rom-com and I truly enjoyed this one!
Bianca (FMC) is a nurse, she's caring and loves her job at the local assisted living facility which has been dubbed "The Rotten Apple", she lives with her Grandmother on their family farm that her brother runs but they could really use the help, sales and visits to the farm have declined especially since her rotten ex-fiance (the Mayor) has taken their business off of the towns website, not only that but he bought her place of employment, he's seriously the worst.
Bianca comes home to a surprise... and it's not a great one, her nonna has decided to invite her ex-best friend and her grandson to stay with them for the season to help out, last time these two nonna's saw each other they were making threats, getting older they have decided to let go of their old grudge and work together, and Bianca really can't be that upset about it because her nonna has been sad since her husband passed away and she could really use the extra support.
Giovanni (MMC) has agreed to come with his nonna for a few different reasons, one being that he told his best friend (Bianca's brother) that he would come in his place and help at the family farm when he isn't able to come himself. Second reason being that he had a secret online persona as a shirtless chef and had gained thousands of followers but his identity has been uncovered and he figured going to a small town where no one knows him would be a good place to hide out until things settled.
Giovanni is handsome, charming and sweet he loves his nonna and he is willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy even if that means staying to help out at the farm longer than he initially planned. Even though he is hot he has his own feelings of inadequacy ever since his ex-girlfriend told him he basically would never make anything of himself... but now that he's become famous she of course wants back in his life, that's going to be a no!... she's moved on she's married after all.
Gio and Bianca come to an arrangment that will benefit them both for the season if they are fake dating Bianca can help Gio by getting the women coming after him to back off, and Gio will help Bianca and her family get business for their pumpkin patch... win/win what could go wrong?
Naturally the closer they get together the more the lines begin to blur between what is fake and what is real... and things are beginning to feel so real, but this has an expiration date Gio and his nonna live in Maine, and Bianca's life is in North Carolina she's where she's meant to be.
This story mixes back story, family drama, romance, banter and heart and it's just a feel good cozy read. I also appreciate that the author has given the option for people to have a sweet or spicy version of the story for those that like closed door.
This had everything I love in a small town, cozy rom-com fake dating, meddling nonnas (and brothers & sisters), Bianca's patients and her bestie that meant well and added to the fun (seriously that hat that her friend got for Gio!). Add in an irritating ex who uses his power as the mayor to add extra shenanigans to the story. Was this story ridiculous at times... yes, did I enjoy it... yes!
If you are looking for your next fall romance add this one to your TBR. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series!
Thank you to Hambright PR and the author for this early copy!
Have you read this one? What did you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment