Saturday, September 5, 2026

Nicole Blanchard: Little Death

 



Book Blurb:

I should have known better than to play games with dangerous men.

Crashing a masquerade party for the most elite members of New Orleans was supposed to give me answers, not put me in the sights of the Irish mafia’s most enigmatic enforcer, Aiden O’Connor.

But when one reckless gamble binds me to him for a night, I learn too late that some wagers can’t be won.

What begins as a game spirals into obsession, temptation, and ruin.

Because Aiden doesn’t just want control for one night—he wants to break me in ways I’ll never escape unscathed.

Little Death is a dark romance novella and a prequel to Until Death. Some themes and scenes may be disturbing to readers. Please check the TWs at the beginning of the book.

Tropes:

*High Gravity ALC *Irish Mafia Romance *Masked FMC & MMC  *Masquerade party
*Mystery *One night only *Obsessive MMC *Dark Romance  *Trigger warnings (check them) 
*Spice *Enemies --> more *Prequel Novella  *State Challenge Louisiana (repeat)

Thoughts:

I received this ALC from High Gravity audio and it's not my usual type of book and I knew it would be darker so at first I wasn't planning to listen to this one, but I saw a few reviews from my friends and saw it was a shorter listen so decided to give it a chance.  

To start with we have Catriona (FMC) she is sneaking into her former home after it's been sold to an Irish billionaire who she doesn't know much about but she is on a mission and he happens to be throwing a masked party... works out for her maybe no one will notice she's even there she can go in look for what she needs and hopefully leave without being seen.

Unfortunately luck is not on her side and she ends up being witness to something she shouldn't... but now that Aiden (MMC) has seen her he's not going to let her go that easily.

Catriona's whole reason for being in the home was to find her mother's cell phone, her mother has recently passed away and even though as far as the police are concerned the case is closed... she feels something is off and maybe if she had her phone she could get them to re-open the investigation, she can't tell Aiden this information especially now after what she's seen tonight.

Knowing that Aiden is a gambling man she makes a bet with him, she loses and is now forced to spend the evening with this guy who is terrifying... and the most shocking part about it is she is drawn to this man in ways she can't explain, doesn't hurt that he's super hot (and Irish).

They have a night to remember... but it was just one night right?  

This has an amazing cast: Eric Nolan, Kasi Hollowell, Corvin King and Eboni Flowers.  Did I mention the MMC is Irish, that accent 💓.  

There really wasn't much plot or more than surface level info on our characters in this one as things got steamy pretty quick, and I didn't like some of the things our MMC said to the FMC during those times... but that could just be a me thing (also he is in the mafia... so there's that).  So low on plot but it does set up several things that we will hopefully find out more about throughout the rest of the series and I'm intrigued to find out more!  

Thank you to the author and High Gravity Audio for this ALC, I'm glad that I decided to listen to this one! 

Have you read this one?  What did you think? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicole Blanchard: Little Death

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/242701279-little-death Book Blurb: I should have known better than to play games with dangerous men. C...