https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/219655872-nine-month-contract
Book Blurb:
Help Wanted: Grumpy mountain man seeks baby momma. Job is an incubator position only. Surrogate must be impervious to grunting as the form of communication and nosy brotherly neighbors. Rustic mountain range housing available upon request.
I wanted to pummel my irritating brothers when they posted their own version of a wanted ad to help me with my life.
But I can’t fault the results once the right woman lands in my lap.
Becoming a single father is not a decision I made lightly. In fact, it’s the biggest decision of my entire life.
Which is why when I interview Trista, I know she’s perfect.
She’s wild, she’s opinionated, she wears cowboy boots. Even my pet goat loves her…
She’s the exact type of person I was holding out for.
And to my great horror, I realize on our first night of attempting this baby-making dance—when the lights are low, the cheap wine is flowing and the home-insemination supplies are laid out on the kitchen counter—I want to do a lot more than just make her my surrogate.
I want to make her mine.
Tropes:
*Strangers to More *Mountain Man *7 brides for 7 brothers vibes *Spice *surrogate
*Rom-Com *State Challenge Colorado *Grumpy x Sunshine *Small Town Romance
*Age Gap *Curvy FMC *Forced Proximity *Mountain Man MMC *Contracts *Banter
*cute animals *Acts of service *Wealthy MMC
Thoughts:
Wyatt (MMC) our hot grumpy mountain man has been living a solitary (ish)... well as solitary as it can be for living on a mountain in Colorado with a few of his brothers... but he has everything he needs he just feels like his life could use something more he would rather not have a relationship but he would like a baby, with his single status how can he get a baby you ask? A surrogate.
Only he has gone to an agency and rejected all of the women that they arranged for him as possibilities not having any further options they decide to release him as a client.
Wyatt's sweet and well meaning neice decides to help him with this process by putting up an ad, at first Wyatt isn't on board with going about things that way until his neice brings him the perfect canidate Trista she is beautiful, outspoken, fierce and best of all she doesn't want any commitment or long term relationship she's perfectly ok with the arrangement of just being there for a short time and then leaving at the end.
Trista has a boat load of baggage including financial difficulties and a lengthy history of family drama and abandonment issues. She is used to being self sufficient and it takes her awhile to get used to Wyatt and his gestures he is constantly bringing her food/drinks making sure she is eating, buying her things to make her more comfortable... but she is going to be carrying his child so she can see how he would want the baby to have all the best items for proper growth.
Wyatt... such a grump but so sweet when it comes to her, yes please!
The story covers a lengthy period of time pre and post pregnancy where Trista moves to the Mountain and stays in the apartment above the barn living in closer proximity to Wyatt and his brothers. An on going theme is Trista works closely with rescuing animals and wants to have her own sanctuary and often brings home animals without talking to Wyatt first... he does have a large barn after all.
Naturally the longer Trista is around this hot grumpy man the less able she is to resist him... and she had been doing so well but once it's on... it's on! And it's about time the tension was thick.
This book is full of humor, spice, and emotional moments that make you fall for Trista, Wyatt and his sweet but at times too involved family... But will they be able to realize that this has been more than a contract for awhile?
I listened to the audio book and Erin Mallon and Teddy Hamilton were awesome!
Looking forward to reading more of this series!
Some negatives for this book:
*The FMC refers to herself as a "cow" throughout the book --> this was just not for me
*Trista is meant to be quirky... but I felt that it was like over the top quirky at times.
*I know Trista bringing more animals to the place was supposed to be fun, but I was kind of irritated with her for that, she didn't ask and she at that time was a temporary guest... he even specifically asked her not to bring home chickens at one point and next thing you know she has several chickens.
*The time line skips around unevenly you'll have several chapters close together in time line then it will skip multiple weeks
*I personally wasn't a big fan of how they went about getting the FMC pregnant it could be a me thing though
No comments:
Post a Comment