Thursday, September 24, 2026

Ruby Fairchild: Between the Notes

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/245371185-between-the-notes

Book Blurb:

One unforgettable night.
Two unforgettable men.
One heart caught between them.
When Grace meets Ty, a cowboy with a dangerous smile and a taste for trouble, their one night together leaves a mark neither of them can shake.

Weeks later, she's stunned to see him again, and the spark between them reignites instantly. But just as Grace begins to believe it could mean something, Ty walks away.

As she pieces her heart back together, a message lights up her phone - from Max. Genuine, confident and effortlessly captivating, he’s everything she thought she’d never find. With Max, love feels safe and true.

But when the past returns, Grace must choose between the life that feels right and the love she can't forget.

Love Triangle, Angst, Cowboy romance

Tropes:

*Love Triangle *spice *Cowboy MMC *Clean cut MMC *State Challenge Tennessee (repeat)

*One night stand to more *big family *drama *Age Gap *Musician MMC 

*12 recs by 12 friends book 4 selection

Thoughts:

This story starts out with a bang (haha)... anyways Grace who lives in London is in Tennessee visiting her family and attends a country music festival with her father where she runs into hot cowboy type Ty they both hit it off and end up having a one night stand the next morning Ty leaves and Grace takes it as it is one night of fun and done.

Grace returns home and life continues as usual until her best friend talks her into a double date at a place having a country music singer there for the night (knowing how much Grace loves country music).  While at there she's very surprised to see Ty her one night stand on stage... he is in fact a country music star that she loves... but she wasn't aware when they met because she listens to the music and doesn't follow what the musicians actually look like.

Grace on a date with Max at the time has a good night but nothing spectacular and leaves for home only to find that Ty has followed her, this is where they have a whirlwind weekend but Ty travels the world doing shows and has to go before too long.

Ty and Grace begin a long distance situationship mainly controlled by Ty and his time since she doesn't have his phone number... they have an amazing vacation together then just when Grace thinks things are going to the next stage of their relationship Ty breaks it off with no reason leaving Grace heartbroken... making her wonder how many other women has he been a "love them and leave them" kind of guy with.

Thankfully Grace's friend and Max who has recently moved to London for work are there to help put the pieces back together, Max is green flag boyfriend material, caring, supportive, present, and he doesn't make excuses for his poor behavior.  Soon she is in a stable and happy relationship with Max and bringing him home to meet her parents and extended family in Tennessee for thanksgiving.

This is where Ty shows back up throwing a wrench in Grace's life again trying to make claims that he made mistakes but he is willing to step up and be the man she needs if she still will have him.

Grace is torn between the fiery passionate relationship that wrecked her when it ended and safe, stable and sweet Max.  Who will she choose?  

This was recommended to me as part of my 12 recommendations by 12 friends challenge

While I enjoyed parts of this book and I'm sure that there are going to be lots of people who will like this book, I had a hard time with it due to the fact that I 100% didn't like Ty he manipulated her knowing how much she was starting to care about him and then tossed her out, he never gave her his phone number and treated her like some kind of secret... then he comes crawling back when she is with someone else in a stable relationship... that's a no from me.

I found myself yelling at my book for her to get away from Ty immediately, I get she wanted closure but she was in a good, caring and committed relationship with Max who treated her like a princess...Ty was a jerk to her and I was so mad at her for allowing him the time to "explain" himself... which wasn't even that great of an explanation to be honest... all the while Max was waiting for her to return to him which Grace told him she would and she just needed to hear what Ty had to say... girl no!  run!!! run fast!! 

Grace seemed younger than she was (I think she was supposed to be like 27) but I kept forgetting she was closer to thirty.  The book is fairly short (just over 200 pages) but she spends way too much time wallowing over her situationship ending with Ty... I know I sound harsh but I could see the whole thing coming from a mile away Ty is a charmer... 

I could say more but I don't want to give any spoilers  

Have you read this one?  What did you think?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roxie Ray: My Emergency Contact is a Wolf Shifter

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/254025739-my-emergency-contact-is-a-wolf-shifter Book Blurb: Zoey Yates doesn’t ask for help. She fixe...