Friday, October 9, 2026

Maggie Mayhem: Dragon Me Crazy

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/255682642-dragon-me-crazy

Book Blurb:

A Single Dad Dragon Meets His Witchy Match
As a recently divorced grandmother, I buried my magic long ago and ask nothing of life but peace and quiet.

Then a single-dad dragon offers me a job as governess to his motherless dragonlet.

I agree to just one visit, no promises. But the moment I step into his castle, Emmett decides I’m his. He calls me his treasure. He touches me like he means to keep me. And the heat between us? As hot as the fire in his belly.

But secrets slither through these castle walls, and someone covets what Emmett guards most.

To save the dragonlet I’ve come to love, I’ll have to reclaim my magic and learn to trust the dragon who’s staked his claim on my heart. And I have to do it all before dragon fire burns it all to the ground.

Tropes:

*Dark Star Romance ALC *Divorced FMC *Age Gap *FMC in fifties *Possessive MMC *Protective MMC

*Witch FMC *Dragon shifter MMC *Single father *Spice *Fated Mates *Touch her and 💀 *insta lust/love 

*mystery *betrayal  *Magic

Thoughts:

Elena (FMC) has spent years in hiding away from her dangerous recent ex-husband she's tired of being with those who use and manipulate her for their own benefit and she's determined to never be in that situation again.  

Elena runs into Emmett at an event he is a loving single dad (and dragon shifter) and even though he has been around a long time he is a new father and he is determined to take care of his baby girl and right now he doesn't know how to help her properly she is only in her dragon form and not shifting to her human form... this either means she doesn't have a human form or for whatever reason doesn't feel safe enough to shift, he knows that the best person to help him is Elena she has a history working with shifter and magical children (including her own) and he is willing to do anything even talk with his brother (who Elena currently lives with).

Naturally things get off on a wrong foot but Elena has a soft spot for babies and finally agrees to come to Emmett's home and see if there is anything she can do to help.  Emmett's baby immediately is drawn to Elena and I loved the way Elena helped Emmett find new ways to connect with his child.  Emmett is such a sweet and loving father and baby Mellie is so cute.  

I appreciated that Elena was more experienced and working on self growth after spending years in a toxic relationship where her ex-husband was draining her marriage, she is older but she is still learning and knows that she is stronger now than she has ever been.

Emmett is used to being in charge and at times says the wrong thing at the wrong time leading to Emmett and Elena bumping heads at times. 

Overall I really enjoyed this story it was a quick listen but I didn't feel that the pacing was off for the story, it is more of an insta lust/love type story but it works for the story line.  

I liked that Elena helped Emmett be more open to getting to know the people in the town that have popped up in his territory as well, he begins to open up more and realizes he doesn't need to be so stuffy and old fashioned. 

Once Elena comes into Emmett's life he begins to take a different look at his life and realizes that he truly doesn't have many people in his life he can trust... and when he finds out that someone very close to him might be actually working against him he is determined to get to the bottom of things and find out the truth.

I loved how protective Emmett was over his girls at first seeming a bit on the arrogant side it was great seeing his softer side when he was willing to bend his hard rules to do anything to get his baby help, and once Elena finally let her walls down and decided to let Emmett in she finally saw how she always should have been treated in a relationship and it was everything.

This is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone, the magic system is easy to understand and the story is fast paced and fun.

Narrators Troy Duran and Dani Soleil did a great job bringing this story to life. 

If you enjoy stories with shifters, a bit of magic, single dad's, an adorable baby, an older FMC who is determined to not shrink in the shadows any longer, fated mates with a bit of a mystery and betrayal add this one to your list!

Have you read this one?  what did you think? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piper Rayne: Chasing Smoke

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/250157993-chasing-smoke Book Blurb: I've been running toward burning buildings for a decade. Then ...